- Help yourself and your baby grow, bond, stay healthy
and thrive together.
- Enjoy a more comfortable, enjoyable pregnancy and
- Recover faster, restore stamina, comfort and balance to the physical, emotional
and mental body functions.
- Help the whole family bond more quickly and comfortably with the
Benefits of Prenatal and Postnatal
Prenatal massage focuses on the special needs of the
mother-to-be as her body goes through the dramatic changes of pregnancy. It enhances the function of muscles and joints, improves circulation and general body tone, and relieves mental and
physical fatigue. The gentle, noninvasive approach of prenatal massage can ease discomfort associated with pregnancy, help the mother-to-be prepare
for labor and give her nurturing emotional support.
Postnatal massage focuses on restoring physical,
emotional, mental stamina, comfort and balance after delivery. It facilitates healing for everyone in the family. The mother’s comfort adds to the baby’s comport, to nurturing and caring for the
infant and the family as they bond and develop their relationship.
Benefits for the body
The benefits of prenatal massage include a wide range of physiological, emotional and psychological
- Assists in preventing or remedying many of the common discomforts experienced during pregnancy: fatigue, stiffness, tension, knots,
muscular aches and pains, lower and upper-back pain, sacroiliac and hip joint pain, interscapular pain, headaches, nasal congestion, shortness of breath, neck pain, carpal tunnel syndrome,
heartburn, acid reflux, constipation, varicose veins, sciatica, leg cramps, edema of the lower extremities.
- Alleviates stress on weight-bearing joints and myofascial structures.
- Stimulates the lymph system, thereby increasing immunity and removal of toxins.
- Stabilizes hormonal levels and helps relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes.
- Soothes and relaxes the nervous system by releasing endorphins into the mother’s body.
- Helps to feel relaxed and at ease.
- Assist the sleep cycle for easier falling to sleep and deeper rest.
- Enhances the pliability and good appearance of skin and underlying tissues.
- Assists in maintaining good posture and adjusting to a changing alignment caused by the baby’s increasing weight.
- Maintains and/or increases muscle tone and flexibility, enhancing the ability to carry this extra weight while also relieving aches and
pains, leg cramps and muscle spasms.
- Increases blood circulation helping provide more oxygen and nutrients to both mother and fetus.
- Eases the load on the heart and helps maintain proper blood pressure.
- Supports the return of blood to the heart and increases blood flow to the uterus and placenta. As pregnancy progresses the blood volume may
increase up to 60 percent compared to pre-pregnancy levels. The uterus enlarges and presses deep into the pelvic bowl, therefore, the blood return to the heart is hampered.
- Prepares the mother-to-be for an easier delivery with its sedating effect on the nervous system, promoting relaxation and stress
- Offers a natural, safe, drug-free alternative choice for pain relief, since taking medications are often limited during a pregnancy to
protect the unborn child.
- In addition to the physical benefits, prenatal massage provides expecting women with the emotional support through, nurturing touch, healing
energy, safety and comfort of property trained therapists.
Positioned for comfort
Prenatal massage will be performed by any of the below support:
- having an expectant woman lie on her side, propped up with pillows;
- utilizing specially designed maternity cushioning systems, which allow the expectant mother to lie on her stomach, supported by the cushions;
- positioning the mother-to-be in a semi-reclining position propped up by foam wedges or pillows.
At the conclusion of the session, suggest that the mother-to-be practice self-massage and stretching sequences in between regular prenatal appointments.
We encourage all mothers to schedule prenatal appointments every two weeks until the third trimester, when weekly
appointments are recommended.
Postnatal appointment are recommended as soon as the mother feels ready to be assisted with massage in her recovery. Often,
the infant can be near or on the mother’s body during massage to maintain its need for connection, physical, mental and emotional comfort of both, the mother and the baby.
To schedue a session, contact us at 610 850-3319 or
email@example.com. We look forward to helping you and your family thrive.